The Adult Confirmation process is an interactive opportunity for Catholics who have not had the opportunity to receive the sacrament of Confirmation to complete their full initiation into the Catholic Church. This ten-week process emphasizes the basics of Catholic teaching respecting the adult audience’s many concerns, questions and responsibilities. Some of the topics include the Trinity, Sacraments, Prayer, and Morality. The last session is a retreat-like evening of prayer, reflecting on the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Spring 2020 – Adult Confirmation Class will begin on Tuesday, January
28th for anyone 18 or older, who has not received this sacrament and would like to. All classes will be held in the Parish Center at St. Therese from 7-8:30 p.m. This eight-week preparation will enable the candidate to receive the sacrament of Confirmation this spring. A $50.00 registration fee is required. For more information, please contact Deacon Steve or Lisa Bilodeau at (203) 288-4818; to register for this class, please call Patsy Glenn, Director of Faith
Formation (203) 234-9287. Thank you.
Requirements for Adult Confirmation Preparation
- A Roman Catholic adult who has received first Eucharist.
- A copy of Baptismal Certificate.
- One must select a sponsor.
Requirements for Sponsors
- A sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic who lives their faith and is willing to accept the privilege of supporting their candidate during the Confirmation preparation and beyond.
- A sponsor may not be the candidate’s parent or spouse.
We look forward to walking this journey with you.
Please contact the Faith Formation Office for more information