Light a candle as a sign that in your home lives a pilgrim of Fatima by the heart. Our Lady watches over your way.
Prayer of the Angel of Peace: My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I ask pardon of You for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love You.
- On the sixth day of this pilgrimage by the heart, you are invited to acknowledge the grace of God which acts in your innermost self and comforts you. Today, you must therefore engage in a more intensive struggle in order to reach the inner silence that you are called to every day of this pilgrimage by the heart, because only in silence will you be able to perceive the subtle presence and action of grace.
- The secret murmur of grace lays beyond the confusing noise emerging deep within, or which converges with distractions from outside. These noises inhibit your ability to reap the fruits of contemplative prayer and the grace it imparts, which is why silence is necessary.
- Today, we shall continue furthermore in the dialogue of May’s apparition: Our Lady asked: “Are you willing to offer yourselves to God and bear all the sufferings He wills to send you, as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and of supplication for the conversion of sinners?” The children answered: “Yes, we are willing.” “Then you are going to have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.”
- The resolute answer which they gave to the invitation to partake in redemption was for the little shepherds a source of many sufferings, just like the Lady had warned them. They suffered because of the mission which they willingly assumed, was incomprehensible to their family and their village. They were accused of lying, persecuted, arrested and threatened with death; and Lucia, who even feared the apparitions were from the devil, was later left without anything and anybody, when she was hidden, exiled in the city of Porto, without even the right to her own name. And the two little brothers Marto suffered serious health problems: a pandemic like the coronavirus of 2020, the Spanish flu, claimed the life of Francisco in 1919 and of Jacinta in 1920. But they were not discouraged, because the grace of God was always their comfort and the grace of God will be your comfort too.
- Grace springs out from a source in the deepest part of you, uninterrupted unless you stop it. Sometimes not even if you stop it, or try to stop it, because the source is God Himself, the Holy Spirit comes as a gift from the Father and the Son to encourage, to vivify and sustain, concealed in the depths of your innermost self.
- Take time to go deep within yourself. Remain in holy silence and listen to that water spring up and flow, the grace of God which the Spirit causes to gush forth. Even though you may not feel it due to lack of practice of silence, your heart longs for it nonetheless, the source of all beauty and all kindness.
- Offer your sufferings as an act of love that redeems and repairs the heart of God and the world. Your heart needs silence as much as it resists being silent. Silence enables you to look at yourself intimately and obliges you to see that part which perhaps you prefer to ignore - your history and the sorrows and faults which mark it. Are you afraid of the suffering caused by looking at what makes you suffer? Be not afraid, the grace of God will be your comfort.
- Knowing your sufferings and that which caused them is necessary to be healed of them. Putting your hands in the fragile and moist clay from the past is the necessary path to redemption - yours and others. Forgiveness is available and necessary, as it is an indispensable condition for happiness.
- Silence gives you self-awareness, makes you recognize and know your individuality, makes you stand alone, facing your loneliness, sometimes a tremendous loneliness, which hurts, which you are afraid of, which overcomes your strength and makes you feel fragile and vulnerable, without a place to rest or without someone to rest on for solace and comfort.
- In facing the truth, you may find yourself to be indigent, hurt and lonely, yet in God’s eyes, you are much more beautiful than what you dare to believe! Immensely more beautiful, and kind, worthy of being loved. Forgiveness of yourself and others will open the flood gates of grace and redemption, and the grace of God will be your comfort.
- Going through the silence beyond your wounds to reach the source of grace, makes you aware of the only One who looks at your wounds from the inside of them - the look of God Himself, with His immense and profound look of light, peace and infinite mercy that He is and speaks to you. Such is grace when you endeavor this inner labor, using the testing instrument of silence. Take heart, the grace of God will be your comfort.
My God, You inhabit the innermost of my heart and You call me to become a pilgrim by the heart and to meet You there. The sufferings of my heart are so many! Loneliness and incomprehension, anguishes and fears, losses and faults, resentments. There is so much that makes me doubt myself, the others around me, even You. But I listen to the promise you made through the mouth of our Lady of Fatima, also our Lady of Sorrows, to Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta, who had a great deal of suffering awaiting them: “The grace of God will be your comfort.”
You, O Holy Spirit, you are the source of grace in the deepest part of me, The fountain springing up in my innermost self to the eternal life; a river flowing throughout my days. I shall trust. You support and comfort me and You always relieve me. You will vivify me and welcome me at the river’s mouth and at the end of the journey, when my struggling ceases. I am a pilgrim by the heart, I trust Your grace, which comforts me. I want to go on a pilgrimage by the heart into Your mother’s heart, mother of mine, Our Lady of Fatima. In Her heart, You will be waiting for my heart. And today, away from the Little Chapel in Fatima, I make myself a pilgrim by the heart: I shall follow my heart and in our Mother’s immaculate heart I shall listen to the merciful beating of Your heart. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Mother of Heaven, be attentive to the supplications of a world facing tribulation. Answer the cry of the poor and the sick, give comfort and hope to all those who suffer, give strength and compassion to all those who work and care for those who are suffering. Bring peace to the world. In your immaculate heart, be for all your children a refuge and a way to God. Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us. Saints Francisco and Jacinta Marto, pray for us.