Dear Parishioner, Our parish family of St. Elizabeth of the Trinity thanks you for sharing your time and talent in one of our many ministries. While our faith guides us on this journey as a parish, the safety and well being of all members of our parish is first and foremost. Therefore, under the directives of the Office of Safe Environment of the Archdiocese of Hartford, all volunteers must complete the following in order to volunteer within our parish community. To sign up to Attend a training in a program entitled Virtus Safe Environment Awareness Program Online please click the link below. to sign up for Virtus training. Please follow the directions # 2 to #18 below as well. If you need further assistance please contact Our parish coordinator Michele Adinolfi at (203) 623-2937 or [email protected]
- Go to virtusonline.org
- Register as a “First Time Registrant” in the left margin on the screen.
- Click “Begin Registration Process” (If you select “View a list of Sessions” it will tell you to check back later as there are no sessions available.)
- Next it will ask you to select “Your Organization” Select HARTFORD (as in Archdiocese of Hartford)
- The next screen will ask them if they have previously registered online.
- If you select yes, there is a possibility you will be directed to that account, you will then need to know what USER ID and PASSWORD you used. If the Office of Safe Environment has not approved the account as yet, then you will be blocked and will need to call our office.
- If you select NO, then you will start the registration process.
- You will be asked to select a User ID and a Password (these are both case sensitive)
- Please fill in all fields with asterisks.
- Choose the parish or school where you are employed or volunteer at. If your parish/school is not listed please select Archdiocese of Hartford.
- Please indicate your primary role. Then indicate your title – (volunteer, teacher, maintenance, etc.)
- If you are in ministry in multiple places within the Archdiocese of Harford, please list all places.
- Complete the three fields.
- The Office of Safe Environment Handbook will be displayed. Participants will need to print the Acknowledgement Page (Last page) and hand in the hardcopy to their parish or school. The AOH does not accept the electronic signature as indicated on this page.
- How to Report an Incident of Sexual Abuse in the Archdiocese of Hartford.
- Mind Your Business Background Check form. This should be printed, completed and returned to your parish/school or the Office of Safe Environment. The AOH does not submit these forms through the Virtus website.
- You may now begin the Protecting God’s Children for Adults Online training.
- This training should take approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Provide a background check every ten years, the background check form is provided by the Archdiocese for you to complete and return to them for review.
- Receive, review, and acknowledge the 2016 Safe Environment Handbook by signing on the last page and returning to our parish.
We are currently reviewing our volunteer files regarding these requirements. We have listed below the items that are needed. All volunteers must submit the items checked off below within 30 days. If for some reason you have completed these items, please contact us and return a copy of the document for our files. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this process. I can be reached at (203) 623-2937 or [email protected]
Items Needed :
1. Virtus Training - See above.
2. Background Check - Provide a background check every ten years, the background check form is provided by the Archdiocese for you to complete and return to them for review. Download Background Form
3. 2016 Safe Environment Handbook - Receive, review, and acknowledge the 2016 Safe Environment Handbook by signing on the last page and returning to our parish. Download Handbook Here
*Both of these items are available above here, or at the entrances to each church, or you may pick up a packet at the Parish Office at 44 Washington Avenue, North Haven.
Please feel free to contact the site coordinator at 203-234-9971 with any questions.